Moving, Box and Packing Guides
In need of boxes or moving supplies?
Our facility stores can provide you with everything you need. We offer a basic variety of moving and packing supplies, as well as assorted sizes of boxes and box kits. The qualified professionals at A-American Self Storage know that moving things in and out of storage is not an easy task. They will do everything they can to make your move the best possible experience by going the extra mile for you!
Helpful Storage, Moving & Packing Guides:
Storage Guide & Helpful Hints
Moving Truck Guide
Click to download Adobe Acrobat
Tips For Storing
Always Use Professional Boxes and Packing Supplies.
Proper packing is very important. You want boxes and packing materials specially made to do the job right. Careful attention to your personal items now will definitely pay off later when your belongings come out of the moving truck in the same condition that they went in. You won't regret making the right choice on your moving supplies and boxes. A-American moving boxes are designed with this purpose in mind: to take care of your goods and let you move them safely, economically and conveniently. A-American Self Storage sells boxes that are specifically sized to make stacking in your storage space easier.
Moving Box Tips
With our Moving Kits we've made it easy to order everything you need in one convenient package. Our moving kits come complete with Boxes, Tape, Cushioning Material, Cutter and even Markers! Choose from three different types of moving kits. Try our moving kits for your next move!
Packing & Storing Tips
(1) Make a list of the packing supplies that you may need to help with your move. For example: paper, bubble-pack, tape, rope, storage boxes, mattress and furniture covers, pallets, and skids.
(2) Heavy items like books should be packed in small boxes and stored at the bottom of your space. Pack books flat to protect the spines and pack in small boxes with weight not exceeding 20 lbs.
(3) Clean all blankets, draperies and clothing before hanging them in a wardrobe box for storage.
(4) Protect your fragile items and dishes by wrapping them up in bubble wrap and store all light items near the top. Keep dish pack boxes under 30 lbs. for easy lifting.
(5) Large paintings or framed pictures should be stored in specially designed art/mirror boxes.
(6) Cover mattresses with mattress bags to keep them clean during moving and storage.
(7) Label your boxes and keep a list. Being organized will save you time when you need to locate certain items later.
(8) Place pallets on concrete floors before placing your belongings in storage for proper ventilation. Also, leave a walkway to the back of the storage space for easy access.
(9) Pack items you know you will need (sheets, towels, toiletries, tissues and a change of clothes) in your clothes hamper on moving day and you will know just where to find them.
(10) Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
(11) The following items should never be packed: combustibles, flammables or corrosive liquids.
(12) Place items you may need most frequently near the front of the storage unit.